Easy to use
BCV4 is easy to install and execute. A cloning task is set up using an intuitive ISPF based interface. In a few panels, you specify the details of the task, such as involved volumes, source and target subsystem name, ICF catalog options, DDF parameters and a few more. Then, BCV4 creates the entire job stream from start to finish. You can execute the jobs manually or use a job scheduler. This eliminates labor intensive, error prone manual work. Once set up, a clone task can be executed as often as needed.
- Clones entire Db2 and IMS systems at benchmark setting speeds
- Automates the cloning process
- Reduces manual tasks to a minimum
- Eliminates keystroke errors
- Compatible with Timefinder, Snapshot, Flashcopy, Shadow Image etc.
- Creates SAP/Peoplesoft/Db2 clones for test environments
- Creates testbeds for release changes, upgrades, new versions and function levels
- Allows cloning of Db2 systems in non-stop 24×7 environment